Most consumers turn to the internet when they are searching for a product or service but rarely ever scroll beyond the first few results.
So, in order for people to see your website you need high rankings. Especially in local searches. For example, if you wanted to find a local business you would search for “salon near me” or “nearby sushi restaurants”.
According to Google Trends, the number of local searches using “nearby” or “near me” doubled in 2017 alone and continues to rise. If your SEO strategy doesn’t account for this, you are missing out on potential customers. Consider the following statistics.
- 71% of people verify the location of a business before visiting.
- 86% use Google Maps to find the business.
- 76% of local searches result in a phone call to the business.
What It Means for Your Business
First and foremost, your business has to remain competitive if you wish to grow and profit. To do that in today’s world, you must be visible online.
This means optimizing your website for local searches so that people can find you online. You may be asking how to accomplish this. Let me tell you.
[Related: How to Fix Failing SEO]
Local Search Marketing
A few tactics to help improve your local SEO include:
- Mobile Friendly- If you want to remain relevant and visible to the population, your website must be mobile friendly.
- Google My Business- Create an account, verify it, and optimize it.
- NAP- Your contact page should contain your business’s name, address, and phone number. This allows Google to pick up your business info and connect your services to location details.
- Maps- Embed Google Maps on your contact page so that visitors can easily find directions to your location.
SEO Company Near Me
Being proactive in your local SEO strategies will help you stay ahead of the competition. Local searches can easily reel in customers who are searching for your product/service as well as any tourists or newcomers in the area.
Do you need help optimizing your website? At Capital Practice Consulting, we specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing and social media management for businesses in the Mid-Atlantic.
We work with medical practices, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, dispensaries, e-commerce websites, lawyers, accountants, financial planners, real estate and any field that needs help marketing a highly technical field.
We understand that running a business takes a lot of time, so we are here to help! Contact us today.